Chartwell Pinewood Retirement Residence
1022 Pembroke Street East, Pembroke, Ontario K8A 8A7
Job Type: Part-Time
Chartwell Pinewood Retirement Residence is conveniently located just steps away from Pembroke Mall and the historic Champlain Trail Museum. Offering a safe and family-like environment in a single-storey bungalow-style building, Chartwell Pinewood residents can enjoy a variety of amenities, such as beautifully landscaped patio and grounds, a sunroom, library and elegant dining room. Residents are able to customize their care as their needs change and select the services that best meet their requirements. Our team of long-service, supportive and caring staff ensures the highest quality of care and the peace of mind residents and their families deserve. With a strong reputation in the community built on trust and respect, residents are proud to call Chartwell Pinewood home.
The Guest Attendant provides personal care and other services to residents in a safe efficient manner, according to the policies and procedures of the retirement residence.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assists and attends to residents’ special needs as required;
- Provides food preparation, dining room service, busing and dishwashing services in accordance with established work routines;
- Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines;
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner;
- Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all resident areas as per work routines;
- Provides medications to residents according to the residence’s policies and procedures for medication administration;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous work experience in providing laundry, food or personal care services;
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
- Post secondary education in related care fields [e.g. Personal Support Worker (PSW), Health Care Aide (HCA) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) certification] is preferred;
- Ability to read and communicate effectively;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints;
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Must be able to operate related equipment.