Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Petawawa Employment Service
Guest Attendant – Pembroke, ON
The Guest Attendant provides personal care and other services to residents in a safe efficient manner, according to the policies and procedures of the retirement residence.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assists and attends to residents’ special needs as required;
- Provides food preparation, dining room service, busing and dishwashing services in accordance with established work routines;
- Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines;
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner;
- Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all resident areas as per work routines;
- Provides medications to residents according to the residence’s policies and procedures for medication administration;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous work experience in providing laundry, food or personal care services;
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
- Post secondary education in related care fields [e.g. Personal Support Worker (PSW), Health Care Aide (HCA) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) certification] is preferred;
- Ability to read and communicate effectively;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints;
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Must be able to operate related equipment.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and nights.
Related Jobs (72)
- Youth Counsellor on January 15, 2021
- Human Resources Generalist on January 15, 2021
- Administrative Assistant on January 14, 2021
- Guest Attendant on January 14, 2021
- ABA Specialist 1.0 FTE – Temporary on January 14, 2021
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) on January 14, 2021
- Counsellor on January 13, 2021
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR on January 13, 2021
- P-12-21 Storesperson – Materials Management on January 13, 2021