Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People’s Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assists and attends to residents’ special needs as required;
- Provides food preparation, dining room service, busing and dishwashing services in accordance with established work routines;
- Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines;
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner;
- Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all resident areas as per work routines;
- Provides medications to residents according to the residence’s policies and procedures for medication administration;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous work experience in providing laundry, food or personal care services;
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
- Post secondary education in related care fields [e.g. Personal Support Worker (PSW), Health Care Aide (HCA) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) certification] is preferred;
- Ability to read and communicate effectively;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints;
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Must be able to operate related equipment.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, nights and weekends.
Related Jobs (58)
- Kitchen Helper/Dishwasher on November 13, 2019
- VICTIM WITNESS SERVICES WORKER on November 13, 2019
- Account Manager (PG G) on March 13, 2018
- Sales Associate on November 13, 2019
- Sales and Customer Service Representative on November 13, 2019
- Food Service Worker – Pembroke on November 13, 2019
- Resource Staff on November 13, 2019
- financial customer service representative on November 13, 2019
- Delivery Driver on November 13, 2019
- Pharmacy Sales Clerk on November 13, 2019