Chartwell Pinewood Retirement Residence
1022 Pembroke Street East, Pembroke, Ontario K8A 8A7
Chartwell Pinewood Retirement Residence is conveniently located just steps away from Pembroke Mall and the historic Champlain Trail Museum. Offering a safe and family-like environment in a single-storey bungalow-style building, Chartwell Pinewood residents can enjoy a variety of amenities, such as beautifully landscaped patio and grounds, a sunroom, library and elegant dining room. Residents are able to customize their care as their needs change and select the services that best meet their requirements. Our team of long-service, supportive and caring staff ensures the highest quality of care and the peace of mind residents and their families deserve. With a strong reputation in the community built on trust and respect, residents are proud to call Chartwell Pinewood home.
The Guest Attendant provides personal care and other services to residents in a safe efficient manner, according to the policies and procedures of the retirement residence.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assists and attends to residents’ special needs as required;
- Provides food preparation, dining room service, busing and dishwashing services in accordance with established work routines;
- Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines;
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner;
- Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all resident areas as per work routines;
- Provides medications to residents according to the residence’s policies and procedures for medication administration;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous work experience in providing laundry, food or personal care services;
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
- Post secondary education in related care fields [e.g. Personal Support Worker (PSW), Health Care Aide (HCA) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) certification] is preferred;
- Ability to read and communicate effectively;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints;
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Must be able to operate related equipment.