Purpose of Role
The Handyman/Cleaner is responsible is to ensure repairs are completed at the Residential Housing Units in a timely manner. The role includes a variety of maintenance duties in and around the buildings and grounds. This position will assist other trades in completing their tasks.
The Handyman/Cleaner is to ensure all cleaning is completed at the change of occupancy housing as per the scope and specification of the contact.
All other duties as assigned.
Assist in change of occupancy, small projects and any other work as assigned by the Building Technician / or Technical Supervisor.
- Replace light bulbs, light tubes
- Wood work
- Minor patching
- Drywall, tape, mud (small areas)
- Install and or repair clotheslines
- Remove and install caulking
- Remove and replace grout
- Install ceramic tiles
- Install and remove trim
- Door repairs – hinges, door knobs, weather stripping, u-channel, door sweep, shave/trim door, adjustment and other as required.
- Window work – adjust window, replace parts or complete installation, trim, screen replacement and other as required.
- Testing and reporting on Electrical components – outlets, switches, bulbs, doorbells, range hoods, heating cooling
- Testing and reporting on HRV, duct work appliances
- Testing and reporting on All smoke and CO detectors
- Testing and reporting on Window operations – sash pins locks, sash balances
- Installation of rails
- Minor repairs to rails, doors, steps
- Insulation and vapor barrier
- Rim Joist
- Clean Yard
- Clean window wells
- Assist with snow removal or grass cutting when required
- Maintenance of fences
- Repair eaves trough and re-secure downspouts
- Wash out recycling bins
- Clean and maintain housekeeping in mechanical rooms, electrical rooms, maintenance shops, and central utility plant.
- Act as a safety watch or assists trades personnel to perform their duties
- Keeping work area orderly, clean and safe.
- Ensures proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Perform handyman repairs and installs
- Ensure work is complete and recorded in a timely manner
- Maintains records and information pertinent to work assignment.
- Adheres to the established policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance and safety guidelines.
- Ensures that due diligence is exercised in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Observes guidelines, rules and regulations of Occupational Health and Safety,
- Maintains strict adherence to the lock out/tag out policy.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service trainings.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Provides verbal and written reports as requested.
- Completes assigned tasks in a professional and workmanlike manner.
- Completes assigned tasks and closes the work orders within time frame given in response time policy.
- Communicates the work status with the within the time frame given in response time policy.
- Adheres to the occupational health and safety acts and other legislative enactment.
- Represent the department with a positive and professional attitude.
- Perform other duties as required.
Sanitation and Safety:
- Understands and practices safety in all duties
- Maintains safe cleaning and sanitation practices throughout all functions according to standards and guidelines
- Handles chemicals and equipment in a safe manner
- Reports any hazardous or unsafe situations and ensures necessary action is taken to correct problem
- Complies with good safety and housekeeping habits
Carillion Corporate Values
- Ability to demonstrate Carillion’s core Values
Knowledge and Applied Skills
- Grade XII Diploma
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel and Database
- Knowledge of hand and power tools
- Professional appearance and ensure a clean work environment
- Documented proof of Worker or Supervisor health and safety awareness training, as applicable (as per Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act regulations). This training can be provided to the successful candidate if needed.
As an employer of choice, we treat all of our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
We invite you to join us by following the online application process. Please quote the job title in the subject line.We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At this time we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies, thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Related Jobs (103)
- Housekeeper on June 18, 2021