It can be a smile, remembering a name, or maybe even just a wave at the end of the day. Perhaps it’s an unwavering desire to know about every product and service found within our walls and on our shelves. But whatever it is for you, we want to empower you to feel confident in unleashing it. Because at the Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement retailer, we know that the difference in our associates is what makes the difference for our customers. Discover how you can help others achieve their home improvement dreams. Apply to work at The Home Depot today.
The front end is the last opportunity we have to thank our customers and show them we appreciate their business. The Head Cashier is accountable to ensure this occurs by carrying out the responsibilities listed in this description as well as holding the Front End associates accountable to effectively carry out their duties and responsibilities.
We’re looking for the type of associates who can tap into their inner orange. Overseeing work activity within his/her department, motivating the team to consistently demonstrate Customer FIRST behaviours.
- Driving awareness of current promotions by providing Front End associates with promotion locations so they can effectively direct customers , communicating store and Home Depot objectives to associates
- Training and supervising Cashiers (including cashiers in all remote cashier locations) and Lot Associates
- Setting clear performance expectations as well as providing on the job feedback
- Providing outstanding service to both external and internal Customers by ensuring efficient Front End and Remote Cashier operations
- Handling customer complaints in a professional manner
- Providing a safe working and shopping environment by following all safety policies & standards
- Completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards ; unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager On Duty, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers
Experience/Knowledge Required: The kind of orange we are looking for will possess: Minimum time in position and performance management code requirements of V2 (or P3 in previous system)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Knowledge of all policies, procedures and duties related to customer transactions, cash handling, the service desk and lot
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
Thank you for applying for a new position within The Home Depot. We appreciate your desire to continue to help us make a difference in the lives of our customers. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
D90 – Front End
Last Date to Apply