Davidson Hearing Aid Centres, a family-owned business, needs someone who is highly motivated and capable to take on daily reception work as well as various administrative duties.
This position is at our Pembroke location, starting in November 2020. As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact with our company. The receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. Ultimately, your duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Manage appointment schedules
- Manage inventory/ Anticipate supply needs
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms, and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Customer invoicing
- Maintain customer records
- Handling & Cleaning of hearing aids
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, and faxing
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Bilingual, French & English preferred
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent customer service skills – kindness and patience are a must
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly organized and detailed
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus
Application deadline: 2020-10-30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 per year
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
We’ve installed plastic barriers, hand sanitizers as well as use gloves, masks, and thermometers.
We have also limited the number of clients allowed in our office.
Initial interviews will be doned over zoom.
Related Jobs (3)
- School Office Assistant on November 25, 2020
- Seasonal Member Services Representative – Part Time on November 20, 2020 Part Time