Department / Unit:
|Patient Information Centre|
The Pembroke Regional Hospital has a requirement for one (1) Health Records Technician for the Patient Information Centre. This position is offered on a Full-time basis.
Applicants must be available to work on all shifts including weekends.
- Health Information Management (HIM) diploma from an accredited college recognized by the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
- Active Certified Member of the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
- Demonstrated experience in ICD10 – CA and CCI Coding
- Minimum 2 years recent experience as a Health Record Technician in a Health Records Department
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated computer literacy – Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Previous computer abstracting experience
- Demonstrated strong Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong public relation skills
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is preferred