Our Pembroke office is seeking a talented and motivated Planner to join our team. The ideal candidate is hard working and eager to increase their responsibilities and to take on a significant leadership role within the company. At Jp2g, you will work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary group of engineers, technicians, project managers and planners. Jp2g believes in employee empowerment. As a valued member of our professional team, you will enjoy a unique working environment and be provided with opportunities to demonstrate your initiative while developing your professional planning skills.
As a member of our professional team, you will be responsible for a variety of assignments for planning projects to public and private sector clients. You will be responsible for the research, preparation and amendment of planning documents, reports and special planning studies. You will attend meetings; respond to day-to-day client enquiries and planning matters. You will make independent responsible decisions and take necessary action when required. You will outline and assign work, manage budgets, coordinate sub-consultants, advise on technical problems and methods of approach and give technical guidance to technicians or other staff.
- Perform advanced professional work related to a variety of planning assignments.
- Prepare proposals and undertake specialized planning studies.
- Prepare planning documents such as Planning Justification Reports and both Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments.
- Manage complex development applications.
- Review and process applications for official plan amendment, rezoning, site plan approval, and plans of subdivision or condominium.
- Act as a liaison between clients and approval authorities.
- Develop budgets, lead proposals and verify contract expenditures.
- Maintain existing business and develop new business.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure completed work meets corporate standards and client expectations.
- Communicate internally regarding project status.
- Lead and coordinate a multi-disciplinary team of sub-consultants to meet client time lines.
- Ensure smooth work flow by delegating work to staff with proper skills and abilities.
- Liaise with the team to ensure completed work meets or exceeds corporate standards and client expectations.
- Actively participate in a team environment, sharing your technical knowledge and learning from others.
- Project coordination, sub-consultant management, directing activity and addressing issues as they arise.
- Attendance as a professional witness before the Ontario Municipal Board, as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning or a related field.
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Full Membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI).
- Designation of Registered Professional Planner (RPP).
- Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) (recommended).
- A demonstrated knowledge of Ontario’s land use planning system and municipal government processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Confidence in communicating with municipal staff, clients, stakeholders and the general public.
- Interest and/or experience in development charges studies, feasibility studies, community improvement plans, community design plans would be an asset.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, and GIS would be an asset.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Friday afternoon’s off year-round (36 hour/week)
- Group RSP planning opportunities
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Shareholder opportunities