Head Chef, Sous-Chef or Kitchen Manager
The Line Cook is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely,
efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. The Line Cook must be prepared to work in a
fast-paced, high-pressure work environment while maintaining the organisational
ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and efficiently. Line Cook must be
prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety
procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
• Team Work
• Quality Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Operating Equipment
• Ethics and Integrity
• A line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry,
fry and stations or other areas of the kitchen.
• Set up station according to restaurant guidelines.
• Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
• Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the
• Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
• Cleans and maintains station in practising proper safety, sanitation,
• Has understanding and knowledge to use and maintain all equipment in station
• Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organisation of kitchen, walk-in
coolers, and all storage areas.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the
Chef, Sous Chef or supervisors at any time.
• Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
• Ensure quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional
sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well
as proper covering and storage of food items according to standards and
• Ensure timely preparation of all meals.
• Ensure that the correct quantities are prepared to meet daily needs.
• Utilize kitchen equipment during food preparation.
• Stay productive at all times and prepare for future needs as time allows.
• Demonstrate flexibility and volunteer to fill open shifts as required by
variations in staffing.
• Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure
follow-up and prevention.
• Serve food in the proper portion size and at the proper temperature.
• Arrive to work at the scheduled time.
• Professional diploma or food services management preferred.
• Minimum one year of cooking experience required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production,
sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation required.
• Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of
sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
• Canadian, or have legal permission to work in Canada (e.g. open work permit).
• Effective communication skills.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work efficiently
in a diverse working environment.
• Highly effective teamwork skills.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritise
tasks with minimal supervision.
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
• Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.
• Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion, and up to 35 pounds
• Will continuously be exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment.
• Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances.
• Overtime as required.
Whitewater Brewing Company offers competitive an incredible work environment, and
career advancement opportunities.
Whitewater Brewing Company is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free
selection process and work environment. If contacted about the selection process for
this posting, please advise Human Resources of accommodation needs to enable you
to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Qualified applicants should contact Whitewater Brewing Company at
Please send your resume by March 23, 2018.
Related Jobs (110)
- IT Manager on June 13, 2021
- Safety & Security Coordinator on June 13, 2021
- Production Associate on June 13, 2021
- Dietary Aide on June 13, 2021
- Assistant Manager – Part Time on June 13, 2021
- Driver on June 13, 2021
- Seasonal Equipment Operator (Standby) on June 13, 2021
- Bartender on June 13, 2021
- RPN – Acute Mental Health on June 13, 2021
- Production Associate on June 13, 2021