Clinical Employee Type:Full-Time
RN OR RPN REQUIRED
The Manager of Clinical Practice, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, is responsible for the delivery of care and service to clients and ensures compliance with internal and external standards of practice. She or he supervises Field employees and coordinates clinical education and in-service activities as requested for all of Renfrew County. The Manager of Clinical Practice, in keeping with the organizational structure of the Branch Office, assumes overall responsibility for specific Branch Office operations in the absence of the Director of Clinical Management and/or the Area Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Scheduled as part of the Manager on call rotation.
• Assess or arrange for the initial and ongoing assessment of clients requiring licensed and unlicensed care and service as appropriate.
• Develop and/or ensure that care plans are available for clients as appropriate; visit clients as required and update care plans as appropriate.
• Supervise and support licensed and unlicensed employees to ensure compliance with all federal and provincial legislated standards of practice as well as company policies and procedures.
• Lead or assist with the integration of client satisfaction initiatives; ensure that all referred client concerns and complaints are satisfactorily addressed and documented in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate knowledge of Standards of Practice guidelines of Provincial regulating body.
• Liaise with other Case Managers, funders or Government programs as required.
• Liaise with Provincial regulating body as required.
• Coordinate the in-service education program for Field employees and maintain appropriate records.
• Coordinate human resources with respect to recruitment and selection, orientation and training, discipline and the probationary/annual performance review of reporting Field employees; interpret and implement relevant policies and procedures.
• Lead or assist with the implementation of Modified Work Programs for Field employees.
• Participate in business development as appropriate; assist with the development of contractual agreements for client care and service as requested.
• Promote Bayshore Home Health through participation in local healthcare or business committees as well as community events.
• Assume responsibility for specific Branch Office operations in the absence of the Director of Clinical Management and/or the Area Director as appropriate.
• Serve as the on-call Registered Nurse as required.
• Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
• Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
• Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
• Complete other tasks as requested.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing, preferably with a Bachelor of Nursing degree; current registration with the provincial regulating body.
At least five years of recent experience with progressive responsibilities as a Nursing Supervisor, preferably in a community setting; strong track record in leading the development and evaluation of training programs; demonstrated ability to handle all aspects of human resources and interpret company policies and procedures; experience in business development preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and effectively lead a team; above average report writing and communication skills with both Field and Administrative employees; valid driver’s license and evidence of current CPR certification; solid knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of community nursing and service delivery to clients as well as program development, implementation and evaluation.
Related Jobs (115)
- Head Educator on December 7, 2021
- Educator on December 7, 2021
- Office Assistant on December 7, 2021
- Front End Website Developer on December 7, 2021
- Snow Shovelers on December 7, 2021
- Executive Director on December 7, 2021
- Purchasing Manager-Deputy Treasurer on December 7, 2021
- Buyer-Timekeeper on December 7, 2021
- Overnight Cleaner (PT) on December 7, 2021
- Mail Sorter on December 7, 2021