*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Does the thought of an office job bore you? If you answered yes to these questions, you may be exactly who we’re looking for!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will use your maintenance skills to perform predictive, condition based monitoring, preventative maintenance, repairs, installations, upgrades, perform major equipment overhauls, participate in capital projects and operate all process control and other related equipment required in the operations and maintenance of the facilities and systems within the Hub.
What’s in it for you?
• Flexible learning and development opportunities.
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
• Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 20 years.
• Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
• A defined benefit pension plan.
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.
• Comprehensive Health Plan.
• Life and Disability Insurance.
Who We Are
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in Our Communities, Our Environment and Our People. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations.
How do I qualify?
• Certified millwright
• Class 3 certification in Water Treatment, Class 2 in Water Distribtuon, Class 3 in Waste Water treatment, Class 2 in Waste Water Collection.
• May consider lesser qualified candidates as under fill – with a commitment to obtain Operator-in-Training (OIT), as specified in O.Reg. 128/04 of the Safe Drinking Water Act.
• Valid Class G driver’s license.
• Must be available to be on-call after regular working hours.
• Demonstrated experience/knowledge of the maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment and structures.
• Knowledge of electrical, control and instrumentation, welding, plumbing, gasfitting and steamfitting.
• Good knowledge of water treatment and distribution, waste water treatment and collection also water distribution and supply processes to operate the facilities.
• Good knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant regulatory and legislative acts, codes, policies, guidelines and procedures related to water operations and maintenance and health and safety procedures/WHMIS.
• Knowledge of mathematics and chemistry to make calculations for chemical and operating processes.
• Knowledge of maintenance manuals, blueprints and other technical specifications; use and storage of industrial chemicals.
• Familiarity with computers including monitoring and operating systems.
• Familiarity with predictive maintenance techniques such as vibration analysis and thermal imaging.
Skills and Ability include
• Analytical, problem solving and planning skills to perform major equipment overhauls, routine and preventive maintenance, carry out repairs and perform a variety maintenance tasks, resolve maintenance and operational issues, take samples of the water chemicals to make process control adjustments.
• Organizational skills to lead extensive maintenance and repair projects.
• Good oral and written communication skills to liaise with staff, clients, suppliers, keep logs and completed reports.
• Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative.
• Ability to perform manual labour.
- 1 Permanent, 560 Abbey Ln, Petawawa, East Region
How to apply:
- You must submit your application using only one of the methods identified below.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Be sure to quote the Job ID number for this position.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Send application to:
Attention: Roxane Musclow
560 Abbie Lane, PO Box 128
Petawawa, ON K8H 3R9
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Related Jobs (2)
- Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (RR-RMB) Pembroke RR5 on October 29, 2020 Full Time