Position Title: Merchandiser
Reports to (Position Title): Territory Manager
Department: Retail Sales Operations
Location: Field – US, PR and Canada
With the industry’s largest database of retail intelligence, the deepest inventory of impulse products, and the most experienced team, we are the premier strategic merchandising partner to North America’s retailers.
Jacent Strategic Merchandising sources, warehouses, ships, and stocks over 3,500 impulse items to 14,000 retail stores across the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. We create a strategic merchandising plan for each store–then place the ideal impulse items in the ideal locations, with follow-up re-ordering and re-stocking. In addition to our impulse business, Jacent Strategic Merchandising offers retail insights and services, such as audits and shelf stocking, to help stores run at peak efficiency.
The result of our work is two-fold: By connecting consumers with the right items—even ones they did not know they were looking for—we inspire shopping experiences. And in the process, we’re helping our retail customers generate incremental sales. It is a win-win.
The Merchandiser role consists of an individual who can improve the consumer buying experience by creating merchandising solutions in their assigned stores. The retail merchandiser’s duties include but are not limited to cultivating relationships with in-store management, executing merchandising resets, building retail displays, and managing the merchandising of impulse items displayed on clip strips, j-hooks, power panels and free standing displays in specific areas of retail stores, predominantly supermarkets. They are also responsible for the proper implementation of plan-o-grams, new item placement, void corrections, stock rotation, and building displays. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, quick learner, has a strong attention to detail, and works well in independent situations. They must possess excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with business partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain store presentation standards through building displays, fixture installation, store sets, shelf maintenance, down stock, retrofits, inventory reconciliation, display maintenance, and POP installation.
- Identify opportunities for incremental display space to drive volume goals.
- Cover multiple stores daily on an assigned route.
- Build relationships with business partners and store management.
- Assist and monitor customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with supervisor on all significant initiatives (new product introductions, contests, etc.).
- Maintain full distribution and display of products on assigned accounts.
- Understand and demonstrate safe work practices at all times to ensure a safe work environment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills with ability to schedule your time efficiently.
- Competitive drive to succeed.
- Available morning and afternoon hours, Monday-Friday.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to work efficiently with a high level of independence and initiative, self-motivated.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to read and follow planograms and assemble store fixtures and displays.
- Be a proactive, good problem solver, and possess excellent communication skills.
- Have excellent time management skills and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines.
Experience and Credentials
- Must be 18 or older.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience required.
- 1 to 2 years previous merchandising, grocery or retail sales experience preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds and be on feet for 3 to 8 hours.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have reliable access to a computer, internet, and printer to use for company related business; like ordering, GPS tracking, and time recording.
- Must be computer literate and able to operate a smart phone or tablet utilizing different applications and internet for company business, like ordering, GPS tracking, and time recording.
- Must be able to read, speak and understand English.
Servicing Stores between mornings and early afternoons
Monday through Friday – No Evenings or Weekends
5 – 20 hours weekly
Related Jobs (3)
- Front Desk Agent on November 20, 2020
- Seasonal Customer Service Representative – Pembroke, Petawawa on October 20, 2020 Part Time