Museum Maintenance Technician
The Champlain Trail Museum and Pioneer Village (CTMPV) is seeking a motivated and energetic student to join our staff team to maintain the Museum buildings and grounds. The successful applicant will be an organized and responsible team player that is comfortable working with the public and volunteers.
- Responsible for maintaining Museum buildings and restoration of large artifacts.
- Organizing collections areas and exhibits in the outdoor agriculture shed according to Museum standards
- Assisting with an inventory of Museums collection storage areas.
- Repairing signage outside the Museum
- Maintaining grounds to a high standard for tours and special events. Since the Museum is a tourist destination there is a direct connection to the local priority of tourism.
- Maintaining the Museum grounds also has a connection to forestry as the student would be assisting with trimming trees and bushes on the property
- The student would be called upon to provide information about the Museum and tourism in the Pembroke area to tourists that visit the Museum
- The student will be planting a community garden for the Museum which has a direct connection with the environment as a local priority.
- The student will help with setting up environmental based activities in the children’s program
- Other duties as required
- From a College or University Forestry or Botany program or a related program. College diploma program in small engine repair.
- Knowledge of gardening and landscaping techniques an asset as well as the ability to safely operate power equipment such as lawn tractors and mowers.
- Good physical condition.
- Reliable, flexible, punctual and responsible
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good team player with ability to work on their own with minimal supervision