Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Petawawa Employment Service
Location: Pembroke, ON
Career #: 31505
Date Posted: 2017-10-03
About the role:
- Calian is pleased to be a part of Canada’s healthcare industry. Our dynamic healthcare teams consist of more than 550 civilian professionals providing healthcare services coast-to-coast at over 30 locations in Canada. Through our Health Service Support Contract with the Department of National Defence, Calian’s healthcare professionals work in partnership with military healthcare teams providing primary care to today’s Canadian Forces. We currently are seeking a Nurse Practitioner who would be interested in working full time at CFB Petawawa, Ontario.
The Calian Advantage:
- Calian understands the importance of a healthy work-life balance. We continually strive to create a positive impact on our employees’ quality of life. We have unique opportunities to work in a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong focus on teamwork. This position offers:
- Generous allotment of time for booked appointments, giving you the opportunity to provide quality care
- A fully functional clinic with access to diagnostic and support services within the clinic or the local community
- Regular weekday hours with no evening weekend work
- Attractive and competitive compensation.
- The Care Delivery Unit (CDU) Nurse Practitioner is a key member of the primary health care delivery unit team, working in collaboration with their multi-disciplinary team members to promote health protection and deliver quality care for serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
- Performs comprehensive health assessments using sound clinical, judgment, diagnostic and therapeutic skills
- Practices autonomously, and is solely accountable for his/her actions while practicing
- Consults with physicians or other health care professionals when the client’s condition requires care beyond the scope of NP practice
- Makes appropriate medical employment limitation recommendations in accordance with the Surgeon General’s guidelines
- Prescribes medications and orders x-rays, ultrasounds, and lab tests in accordance with the Standards of Practice for RN’s in the Extended Class
- Implements strategies to promote health and prevent illness with individuals, families or groups
- Collaborates on the management of Members with stable chronic illnesses (such as diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia and asthma) through a predetermined referral process
- Refers patients to other providers or programs according to the patient’s needs
- Must be registered and licensed within the Province of Ontario
- Clinical experience in a variety of health care settings, working independently to full scope of practice – new grads will be considered
- Experience in counseling and patient teaching
- Minimum 2 years experience working in primary or acute care (does not need to be as an NP)
- Experience with Musculoskeletal injuries
- Able to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Computer skills, preferably in a Microsoft Office environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and client service orientation
Type of Assignment:
- Full time Contract – 37.5 hours per week.
- Calian Group Ltd. has successfully re-won the Health Care Providers Requirements (HCPR) contract for the provision of health support services to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Two additional contracts were also awarded for the provision of health support services to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC). The HCPR contract with the CAF is a renewal of the Health Services Support Contract (HSSC) that Calian has held since 2004. The HCPR contract has an initial term of four (4 years) and an option to extend the contract for up to eight (8) additional years for a total of 12 years.
Related Jobs (6)
- Temp Part time Cleaner – Environmental Services Pembroke Regional Hospital on September 16, 2021 Part Time Temporary
- Dishwasher on September 13, 2021