GlassHouse Botanics Inc, a licensed Cannabis producer, is looking to hire a Operations Manager to support our Director of Production and our Chief Operating Officer. The Operations Manager will oversee all aspects of our cultivation, growth and harvest cycles. The Operations Manager will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure cultivation and harvest processes follow our Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and meet compliance standards.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for driving overall team performance and achieving all key performance metrics
- Scheduling cultivation and harvest staff for all types of production needs; crop cycles, plant maintenance, cloning and harvest.
- Promote and maintain GPP, GACP & GMP requirements.
- Review activities to identify opportunities for improvement in productivity, efficiency and quality; lowering production costs while maintaining high quality standards.
- Manage and maintain environmental controls in order to promote plant health.
- Comply with SOPs for production, processing, sanitation and quality assurance along with Health Canada’s Cannabis Regulations and EU-GMP.
- Manage all documents and data collection for accuracy and ensure all tracking is compliant with government regulations.
- Work cross-functionally with QA team to align on weekly, monthly and annual requirements.
- Investigate deviations, implementing CAPA’s with appropriate follow up as necessary.
- Support coordination of new hires and conducting training.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of GlassHouse Botanics’ Health and Safety Program.
- Other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field would be considered a strong asset.
- 3+ years’ experience as a production manager or in managing, growing and motivating a team of 20+ members
- Greenhouse production experience would be an asset.
- Experience in environmental control management is an asset.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High work ethic standards are a must.
- Tenacious and reliable.
- Ability to work independently.
- Health Canada security clearance would be an asset.
- Knowledge of GPP, GACP and Eu-GMP would be considered an asset.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and follow direction.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills and ability to deal with all types of personalities.
- Self-starter, critical thinker and team oriented.
Plants like heat and humidity. To be successful in this position you need to be comfortable working in an enclosed environment with high heat and humidity, wear protective clothing, hair covering and other Personal Protective Equipment.
Conditions of Employment
All applicants being considered for employment will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to hire. Must be 19+ with the ability to obtain and maintain a Health Canada security clearance throughout your employment. Initial screening (Medical examination) of staff may be required. Annual medical examination may be required annually thereafter.
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job.