Community Employment Services (Brent Dick)Position Type:
Part-Time SupportSalary Range:
$37.52-$43.49-HourlyScheduled Weekly Hours:
24Anticipated Start Date:
August 30, 2021Length of Contract:
7 monthsPosting Information
This job posting is now accepting applications from all qualified individuals.Posting Closing Date:
August 6, 2021Please note: jobs are posted until 12:01 am on the job closing date.
Reporting to the Manager of Community and Student Affairs the incumbent is responsible for assisting unemployed persons to prepare to enter or re-enter the labour market by delivering service delivery responses that meet the unique needs of the individual.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting unemployed persons with gathering labor market and career information, assisting with building and revising resumes and cover letters, delivering employment-related workshops, meeting monthly intake targets, and maintaining client files documenting service interventions and supports.
The incumbent provides intake support and develops return-to-work strategies for clients who have the skills necessary to gain employment but need assistance with their job search. The incumbent maintains effective working relationships with the Skills Advance Ontario project team, and with community service agencies and employers to facilitate the transition to employment.
- Minimum of two (2) year diploma or equivalent with a focus on human services (i.e. career practitioner, social service worker, human services);
- Minimum of three (3) years of previous relevant experience working within the Career/Employment Counselling field where responsibilities included client assessment and working with clients to develop return-to-work employment action plans;
- The incumbent will possess a high degree of selection/assessment and workshop facilitation skills;
- Sound knowledge of workplace legislation and health and safety laws. Experience working with a variety of software packages, email and internet;
- Demonstrated knowledge in labor market trends, employment conditions and community agencies;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- This position is paid at Payband 10
- Vacancy is for two (2) positions: P17166, P17167
Algonquin College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com. While we thank all those who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.