Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Petawawa Employment Service
Part-time Mental Health Nurse CFB Petawawa
Location: Pembroke, ON
Career #: 31770
Date Posted: 2017-11-23
RN (Mental Health)
About the role:
- Our Mental Health Nurses treat active military members who are experiencing the results of operational stress. While collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, the Mental Health Nurse acts as an anchor for the military member who may be receiving care from multiple team members.
- This role allows you the opportunity to bring your skill and expertise to a population you likely have not had a chance to treat in the past. You will gain new and rewarding work experiences while contributing to the overall health and well-being of our Canadian Armed Forces.
- Regular duties will include:
- Assessments and creation of one-on-one treatment plans
- Ongoing counselling surrounding PTSD, addictions, depression, anxiety and grief
- Meeting with team members to determine best care options
- Medication management and review
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in Ontario
- Must meet one of the following criteria
- Completion of University Degree in Nursing with 5 years community mental health experience
- Completion of College Diploma in Nursing OR University Degree in Nursing with certification in Mental Health Nursing (example Canadian Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Certificate from the Canadian Nurses Association)
Type of Assignment:
- Part-time Contract