RENFREW COUNTY CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Requires for 2017-2018
PERMANENT EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
SCHOOL St. Mary’s OLGC, Deep River
EFFECTIVE September 1, 2017
SALARY RANGE: $14.98 to $25.95 per hour + benefits
UNION AFFILIATION: COPE, Local 103
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of a Teacher, the Educational Assistant will:
1) Assist in developing and implementing an educational program in an integrated setting, emphasizing
• behaviour management; • socialization skills;
• development of communication skills; • self-help skills.
2) Participate in program planning in close co-operation with the home setting and school;
3) Participate in assessment and treatment planning;
4) Maintain accurate daily records;
5) Provide supervision as assigned; and
6) Other related duties.
• 2 or 3 year Community College Diploma in Educational Assistant, Autism and Behaviour Management or
Developmental Services Worker or Youth Worker Program, Early Childhood Education, Social Services;
• 3-6 months previous related experience;
• Candidates must be physically able to perform the essential duties of the position.
• BMS Training
• Qualifications and experience with ABA
• Understanding of behaviour management strategies
• experience working with individuals with ADHD/ODD
• self-motivated, critical thinking, with proven team skills and exceptional inter personal and
CLOSING: All interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume including details of qualifications,
experience and professional references.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH www.applytoeducation.com
No later than 12:00 noon on August 16, 2017
Applications sent directly to the schools or to Human Resources will NOT be considered
Please note interviews will occur in late August
It is imperative that all new applicants to the Board submit an ORIGINAL current, satisfactory Vulnerable Screening Criminal
Background Check prior to commencement of employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
RCCDSB– Is committed to barrier-free selection processes and therefore if contacted for this position or testing, you should advise the HR Department in a
timely fashion of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.