The Personal Caregiver, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor is responsible for providing homemaking, companionship, personal care or personal assistant services to clients and their families. The Personal Caregiver assists clients with activities of daily living as described in the care plan, and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Completion of formal, accredited caregiver training program and/or a combination of equivalent education and experience. The Personal Caregiver must have strong knowledge of the principles of caregiving as well as well as customer service.
At least one year of recent experience as a caregiver in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in either English or French. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to lift 23 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed; demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions as related to client care; able to travel locally from assignment to assignment
Related Jobs (70)
- Administrative Assistant on January 14, 2021
- Guest Attendant on January 14, 2021
- ABA Specialist 1.0 FTE – Temporary on January 14, 2021
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) on January 14, 2021
- Counsellor on January 13, 2021
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR on January 13, 2021
- P-12-21 Storesperson – Materials Management on January 13, 2021
- Turn your Sewing Hobby into a Career Today on January 13, 2021
- Full-Time Meat Cutter-Pembroke on January 13, 2021