The Personal Caregiver, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor is responsible for providing homemaking, companionship, personal care or personal assistant services to clients and their families. The Personal Caregiver assists clients with activities of daily living as described in the care plan, and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide homemaking services including, but not limited to cleaning, cooking, laundry and general household management
- Provide companionship and/or accompany clients to activities and events in the community
- Provide personal care service according to directions on the care plan
- Ensures that the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
- Provide assistance with client specific activities of daily living (personal assistance tasks)
- Perform specialized, client specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated
- Observe and document client conditions according to company standards; report unusual events or changes in the client’s condition to the immediate Supervisor or to the Office
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Complete other tasks as requested
Completion of formal, accredited caregiver training program and/or a combination of equivalent education and experience. The Personal Caregiver must have strong knowledge of the principles of caregiving as well as well as customer service.
At least one year of recent experience as a caregiver in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in either English or French. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to lift 23 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed; demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions as related to client care; able to travel locally from assignment to assignment
Related Jobs (91)
- Accounting Clerk – Part Time on May 17, 2019
- Customer Service Representative on May 17, 2019
- Customer Representative – 22.5 hours- Pembroke, ON on May 17, 2019
- Letter Carrier – Delivery Agent on May 17, 2019
- Full Time/ Part Time Front Desk Agents on May 17, 2019
- Seasonal Workers – Eganville on May 17, 2019
- Seasonal Worker on May 17, 2019
- Information Services Assistant on May 16, 2019
- Summer Student Opportunities – County of Renfrew on May 16, 2019
- Cashier/Clerk & Kitchen Help on May 15, 2019