Supples Landing is seeking a Personal Support Worker to join our team at our Retirement Home in the lovely Pembroke, ON. The PSW is required to provide, and assist in the planning of, personal care to each resident under the direction and supervision of the Director of Care.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* performs personal care and selected nursing measures to promote the comfort, safety and well-being of the residents
* Observes and promptly reports changes in a resident’s physical and emotional condition
*Maintains accurate documentation, according to established policies, reflecting each residents condition, care and treatments.
* Is aware of the resident rights and responsibilities and endeavors to respect and promote it.
* Assists in maintaining a tidy and clean environment
* Reports all accidents and incidents promptly and accurately
* Performs other related duties as requested by the Director of Care/Nurse Supervisor
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* Lifting alone, maximum 40lbs as an essential job function
* Current PSW Certification
* Nursing Students
* A current Vulnerable Sector Check, CPR/First Aid certificate is required.
* Genuine interest in and concern for seniors
* Must be available to work all shifts, days, evenings, nights and every other weekend.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call