1108 Pembroke Street East
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of 390 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 400,000 customers daily. With more than 95,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $200 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at walmartcanada.ca, facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada.
The Pharmacy Assistant assists the Pharmacist in the technical aspects of prescription filling and administrative duties in order to increase the Pharmacist’s opportunity to provide patient care. The Pharmacy Assistant is expected to participate in all aspects of Pharmacy Operations required of a team player.
• Practicing the 3 meter Attitude. • Receiving prescriptions from patients. • Assessing the prescription for completeness i.e. Name; Address; DOB; Allergies; 3rd Party Information; Any Special Requests; Prescriber; Generic/Brand; Prioritizing Prescriptions with 21st Century Guidelines. • Performing Computer Functions as directed by the Pharmacist i.e. Data Entry; Price Check; Patient Information Entry/Update; Competent interpretation and processing of written prescriptions including Latin abbreviations, drug name recognition, dosage calculations; Refills; Report Generation; Patient Profile checks. • Filling prescriptions (always under the Pharmacist’s supervision) • Selecting appropriate products. • Performing the accuracy program, including 7 point, Visual and DIN checks. • Selecting and counting/ measuring & preparing appropriate products. • Labeling and organizing for pharmacist checking. • Gaining necessary approvals for verbal refills where authorized. • Assisting Pharmacist in maintaining appropriate stock levels of drugs and supplies • Checking for and pulling expired medications at least monthly • Cleaning up Will Call Bin of ‘stale’ prescriptions on a regular basis • Writing up returns • Ordering of drugs and supplies • Checking off, pricing and putting away pharmacy orders. • Stocking Prescription filling supplies (Vials, labels, bags) • Keeping the dispensary clean, organized and neat. • Filing prescriptions, invoices, reports, correspondence and memos. • Completing any administrative support functions assigned (i.e. journals, accounts receivable, Aged Trial Balance). • Assisting with OTC Operations. • Ordering, stocking, cashier duties as assigned by OTC Manager and/or Pharmacist. Additional Responsibilities • Adheres to all company policies and standard operating procedures. • Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Canada Walmart Division
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Mathematical Skills • Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. • Calibration of equipment used in the prescription filling process. • Reconstitution of powdered and other forms of medications. Basic Reading/Writing Skills • Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information. • Ability to read prescriptions (Doctor’s handwriting). Communication Skills • Ability to communicate effectively to maximize accuracy in the delivery of patient care.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
The Associate must complete all Wal-Mart Basic and Advanced Training Modules and classes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. • The Associate is frequently required to stand or walk. • The Associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 18kg (40lbs.) • The Associate is occasionally asked to climb ladders (i.e. retrieve merchandise, stock shelves, etc.). • The Associate will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping. • The Associate will occasionally be required to bend, twist or squat. • The Associate will be involved in frequent repetitive hand actions (i.e. typing). • The Associate will be required to have sufficient co-ordination (i.e. placing and screwing in a small washer on a bolt, picking up a paper clip, etc.).
SA: 9am – 5pm
SU: 9am – 5pm
MO: 9am – 9pm
TU: 9am – 9pm
WE: 9am – 9pm
TH: 9am – 9pm
FR: 9am – 9pm
Related Jobs (8)
- Relief Residential Caseworker on December 2, 2020
- Personal Support Manager on December 2, 2020
- Registered Master Social Worker, and Psychotherapist on November 26, 2020 Full Time
- Nursing Staff on November 24, 2020