CATP is looking for a highly motivated pharmacy assistant to join their Pembroke location. CATP is a dynamic and innovative pharmacy focusing on providing complete pharmaceutical care to patients enrolled in addiction treatment.
The Pharmacy Assistant, following direction from the Designated Manager and under the supervision of the dispensing pharmacist(s) and/or pharmacy technician(s), is responsible for assisting the pharmacy team in the preparation of medications and supporting them in the provision of optimal patient care.
- Demonstrated patient-centered pharmacy practice skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, and time management and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations.
Ensure that prescriptions are prepared in accordance to all laws, regulation, and by-laws governing Pharmacy, including, but not limited to: *
- Preparing prescriptions for sign off by a pharmacy technician or pharmacist according to pharmacy workflow and procedures:
- Receiving written prescriptions and inputting them into the computer system,
- Resolving third-party billing issues,
- Measuring, mixing, packaging, and labelling drugs, and
- Pre-packaging medications (e.g., methadone, unit-dose medications).
- Assist the dispensing pharmacist(s) in the safe and effective delivery of medication, including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring prescriptions are only provided to patients once the therapeutic check by a pharmacist has been performed,
- Communicating with clients and physicians as requested,
- Answering telephones and taking messages,
- Receiving and sending electronic communications, and
- General filing.
- Administrative duties include the following:
- Operating Point Of Sale: Cash and till, monitoring charge accounts, account reconciliation, etc.
- Data entry and billing of prescriptions using Kroll Pharmacy Software ensuring that required documentation is complete, including, but not limited to, third-party billing restrictions, co-payment management, and coordination of benefits.
- Communicate effectively and maintain good relationships with CATC clinic staff and patients to ensure there is no disruption to patient care.
- Assist with the management and reconciliation of inventory.
- Maintain a clean work environment at all times, including cleaning and sterilizing equipment and work stations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Designated Manager or dispensing pharmacist(s).
- Pharmacy Assistant college diploma or equivalent and relevant work experience.
- Experience using Kroll Pharmacy Software is an asset.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft platform, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Interaction with employees, management, staff, patients, and the community.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Fast passed, high output pharmacy environment.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, and lifting.
- Safety precautions due to proximity with hazardous materials and/or waste
CATP Pembroke Provides:
- Schedules that allow for healthy work-life balance
- A safe and productive work environment
- Training, tools and skill development to achieve success
Job Type: Part-time