Location: Pembroke, ON
Career #: 30451
Date Posted: 2017-10-18
Through our partnership with the Department of National Defense, Calian employs over 550 civilian healthcare professionals on the Canadian Forces Bases across Canada who provide services to military members. We are currently seeking two full time Physiotherapists for CFB Petawawa, near Pembroke, ON.
As a Physiotherapist working with Calian you have the opportunity to utilize your skills to improve the health and wellbeing of today’s Canadian Armed Forces. Our Physiotherapists enjoy the benefits of working with a motivated and highly active population where results are a reality.
Clinical teams are comprehensive and very collaborative. Treatment philosophies are focused on evidence based practices, manual therapy and exercise programs. Military service members have extensive access to healthcare resources to ensure they are fit to serve.
“For me, the daytime, weekday hours are fantastic! It is also a really good multidisciplinary environment. I can walk down the hall and talk to doctor about x-rays for example, or consult with the Sports Medicine Specialist here or Physiatrist in Ottawa. You don’t necessarily see this in private practice. The team here is experienced and welcoming. I would highly recommend it … and have!”
— Christina Hallett, Calian Physiotherapist at CFB Petawawa
With Monday to Friday day time hours you will enjoy excellent work-life balance. You never work evenings or weekends. Time is allotted during your day for client care, charting and team meetings.
- Licensed to practice in Ontario
Type of Assignment:
- 2 Full time contracts, Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4pm
- Calian Group Ltd. has successfully re-won the Health Care Providers Requirements (HCPR) contract for the provision of health support services to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Two additional contracts were also awarded for the provision of health support services to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC). The HCPR contract with the CAF is a renewal of the Health Services Support Contract (HSSC) that Calian has held since 2004. The HCPR contract has an initial term of four (4 years) and an option to extend the contract for up to eight (8) additional years for a total of 12 years.
Related Jobs (12)
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) on January 14, 2021
- P-02-21 RPN – Resource on January 7, 2021
- Registered Physiotherapist and Registered Massage Therapist on January 5, 2021