Carson Lake lumber is looking for the right people to join our well trained remanufacturing crew and contribute to the success of the operation through attention to detail and reliable dedication.
To qualify for this position you must have experience using a planer to produce high-quality lumber and appearance products with an emphasis on product quality, surface finish, machine reliability and steady-paced efficiency. Although the existing production machinery is kept in top shape by other operators and a fully equipped Maintenance Department some basic machine maintenance skills focused on Planers is expected.
- Daily duties of this position include planer tooling preparation, machine setup and full operation.
- Grind and profile Planer knives as required.
- Set-up and monitor the Moulder to ensure the outbound product at a minimum comply with established quality standards and customer expectations.
- When not actively working on the planer, this position may also be assigned to run related equipment as required to meet production requirements.
- Mentor and develop the skillset of Planer assistant so that they will be able to provide competent relief.
- If you have some planer-related maintenance skills you may work with qualified millwrights to ensure maximum machine uptime and overall performance.
- To fully qualify for this position you have a minimum of 2 years of experience operating a planer running lumber profiles.
- We are looking for experience on a Yates style machine.
- Tooling selection, preparation and grinding skills are needed for this key position.
- Basic maintenance skills are ideal to help keep the machining centre running reliably.
- Strong attention to detail and one who takes pride in their work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Planer Operator: 2 years (Required)
Related Jobs (1)
- Government of Canada – Multi-Trade INVENTORY on August 11, 2020