The Township of Laurentian Valley is known throughout the Upper Ottawa Valley as an area of distinct charm and natural
beauty. Residents enjoy a rural lifestyle second to none, while benefiting from the close proximity of the Town of Petawawa,
the City of Pembroke, and the City of Ottawa. Laurentian Valley is experiencing significant growth as it continues to capitalize
on its strategic location in Renfrew County.
PLANNING AND BUILDING TECHNICIAN
Under the supervision of the Municipal Planner, the Planning and Building Technician provides technical
information pertaining to land use and development regulations, and undertakes assigned tasks and projects
including the preliminary review, status tracking and processing of various types of land use and development
applications; economic development support; mapping and graphic services; and acting as the Emergency
Information Officer (EIO). The Planning and Building Technician will provide general assistance to the Municipal
Planner and the Chief Building Official.
• Diploma in Planning Technician Program or other related Post Secondary education.
• Minimum two years experience working in a planning environment.
• Membership or eligibility for membership in the Canadian Association of Planning Technicians or the Canadian
Institute of Planners/Ontario Professional Planners Institute would be an asset.
• ACST designation, OACA’s Primer and Planning Course would be an asset.
• Proficiency in map and plan interpretation, compilation of statistical analysis related to population,
development and land use. Basic understanding of architectural, engineering and survey principles.
• Knowledge of the ARC GIS Desktop mapping programs would be an asset.
• Ability to work autonomously and manage strict timelines; excellent written and oral communication skills; public
relations skills and practical problem solving ability.
Compensation: $50,527 – $58,839 per annum, plus comprehensive benefits package.
The position is based on a 35 hour work week and occasionally involves evening meetings.
Please forward your detailed resume stating “Laurentian Valley Planning and Building Technician”
by 2:00 p.m. Thursday, July 20, 2017 to:
Township of Laurentian Valley
460 Witt Road
Pembroke, Ontario K8A 6W5
Thank you for your interest, however, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted
Related Jobs (1)
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Petawawa Public Library on April 6, 2021 Full Time