Canadian Tire Pembroke – Pembroke, ON
The Product Assembler assembles products for customers and display purposes according to manufacturer’s specifications, as required. Items to be assembled include BBQs, bicycles and exercise equipment, ready to assemble (RTA) furniture, lawn mowers, patio furniture, snow blowers, trailers, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Provides excellent customer service to all customers entering the store.
· Smiles, makes eye contact with and greets customers.
· Answers questions and provides friendly advice and services to customers.
· Suggests value-added and related products to customers to ensure they go home with what they need.
· Ends the discussion with the customer using a closing statement (e.g., “Is there anything else I can do for you today?” “Did you find everything you were looking for?” “Thank you for shopping at Canadian Tire”).
· Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
· Learns about new products on a regular basis.
· Assembles products as required.
· Resolves assembly problems to meet specifications, where applicable.
· Ensures all labour and parts claims are processed immediately.
· Orders missing or broken parts as required, in accordance with store guidelines.
· Ensures quality assurance by inspecting assembled products and ensuring they are built according to specifications and standards.
· Reports any defective products to supervisor.
· Performs product repairs, as required.
· Uses proper tools and equipment for the job at hand and is responsible for the care and maintenance of all assembly tools.
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
· Engages in learning activities and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
· Complies with company, store and department policies.
· Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
· Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
Completes other tasks, as required.
Qualifications and Skills
Medical Benefits available after 6 months
Automatic enrollment in profit sharing after 6 months.
Job Type: Part-time
Required license or certification:
Related Jobs (91)
- Meat Cutter on October 18, 2021
- Human Resources Generalist on October 18, 2021
- Behaviour Consultant on October 18, 2021
- Administrative Assistant on October 18, 2021
- Family and Community Engagement Worker on October 18, 2021
- Indigenous Child and Youth Services Worker on October 18, 2021
- Veteran Care Coordinator on October 18, 2021
- General Manager on October 18, 2021
- Customer Experience Associate on October 18, 2021
- Medical Receptionist on October 18, 2021