Recreation Programmer / Day Program Assistant
POSTING DATE: JANUARY 9, 2018
CLOSING DATE: JANUARY 11, 2018
With a person-centred approach, Bonnechere Manor is a safe and caring community to live and work.
RECREATION PROGRAMMER / DAY PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Under the direction of the Client Programs/Outreach Supervisor, the Recreation Programmer provides individual or group therapy and recreational programming for the purpose of reactivating clients with varying abilities, enabling them to attain their maximum physical, social, and mental potential. This programming includes planning, implementing and evaluating recreation, social and educational programs for the diversiﬁed members of the Day Program/Client Program population. All programs oﬀered are consistent with the Mission and Philosophy of Care at Bonnechere Manor and the Minis- try of Health standards and guidelines.
- Successful completion of the Recreation and Leisure Services Diploma or equivalent from an approved College or University
- Successful completion of a Personal Support Worker Certiﬁcate or equivalent as per O. Reg. 79/10 of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007
- A Certiﬁcate in Activation Techniques, Gerontology, Working with the Aged, or equivalent required
- Certiﬁcate – Food Safety Awareness Program recognized by a Public Health Unit
- Experience/education in recreational program planning preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Long Term Care setting, an asset
- Ability to perform assigned duties within a ﬂexible work schedule within a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week operation
Recreation Programmer – $24.86 – $25.24 per hour. No beneﬁts
Day Program Assistant – $24.72 – $25. 09 per hour. No beneﬁts.
Please send your resume, stating applicable Competition #18-04 by 4:00 p.m., January 11, 2018 to:
Human Resources, County of Renfrew
9 International Drive,
Pembroke, ON K8A 6W5
(in MS Word or pdf format)