Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Petawawa Employment Service
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
$1,238 – $1,562 a weekTemporarily remotePermanent
- Are you skilled in issues management, communications and project management related to natural resource planning and management in Ontario?
- Consider this excellent opportunity to utilize your talents and take your career to the next level.
- Please note: Due to COVID-19, remote work arrangements are currently in effect. The employer is willing to consider remote work arrangements beyond COVID-19, however, attendance at the office will be required from time to time or as needed. During the application process you can select one or both locations for consideration.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- In this role, you will:
- provide strategic project management, communication, coordination, support and advice to anticipate and address MNRF-related contentious issues and key initiatives
- identify emerging trends, recommend and implement communication techniques/strategies to address work with clients, stakeholders and internal counterparts, and to implement and achieve ministry priorities
- provide leadership and guidance to district staff and management through the consistent application of ministry policies, procedures, workflow and resolution of problems
- liaise, coordinate and consult with internal staff and external partners or clients to manage and provide advice on approvals and processes, resource management issues and/or initiatives
How do I qualify?
- knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of natural resource planning and management to lead project initiatives; and to provide expert advice both internally and externally
- knowledge of, and the ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation and regulations (e.g. EAA, LRIA, PLA, FWCA, ARA, CFSA)
Communication and interpersonal skills:
- consultation and negotiation skills to establish, enhance and negotiate project/program delivery
- ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external stakeholders/groups and to maintain linkages and collaborative working relationships with colleagues across the Ontario Public Service
- presentation skills to discuss and present information on Ministry priorities, business needs, strategic direction, services, projects and opportunities
Project management and leadership skills:
- knowledge of project management principles and processes to create, lead and/or manage initiatives, projects or related issues
- leadership skills to coordinate and/or lead projects and initiatives and to establish and monitor project plans and the achievement of objectives
- change management skills to implement ministry field delivery approach and build support from ministry stakeholders and partners
- judgement, political acuity, problem-solving and issues management skills to anticipate issues, provide risk management strategies and respond effectively
- organizational skills are required to manage confidential information gathering functions and to ensure information is technically complete, accurate and delivered within required timelines
- planning and organization skills to lead multiple, concurrent projects/initiatives or issues
- 1 Permanent, 1350 High Falls Rd, Bracebridge, Central Region
- 1 Permanent, 31 Riverside Dr, Pembroke, East Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Lands and Resources
Wednesday, January 13, 2021