Accountable for financial and non-financial business results through effective management and execution of their assigned departments (see below). In partnership with the General Manager or Sales Manager, responsible to develop and implement a comprehensive sales strategy. Actively manages the attraction, orientation, retention and succession planning of associates. Evaluates, coaches and provides high quality instruction to direct reports. Manages daily performance of direct reports and ensures ongoing performance growth and development.
- A Volume – Technology Sales
- C, D, H Volume – Technology Sales, Sales Support, Aisles and Receiving
- E Volume – Receiver, Sales Area Reps, Sales Area Associates, Customer Service Reps and Copy Reps.
- Maximizes sales growth in their departments.
- Takes opportunities to identify and grow new business opportunities and prospects.
- Supports an environment of risk taking and innovation to drive sales.
- Actively engages in the business planning process to achieve business results.
- Sets strategies, sales goals and targets for their departments and communicates to associates. Ensures team understands connection between store financial success and bonus programs.
- Responsible for the score card results in their departments.
- Leverages and develops the sales capabilities of associates by using current selling techniques and company programs.
- Leads, promotes and coaches selling and cultivates an inspired selling culture with associates.
- Models, promotes and holds others accountable for customer service excellence.
- Takes ownership for the customer service resolution process in their departments.
- Responsible for the supervision and development of direct reports.
- Manages the coordination and execution of their departments and maximizes productivity.
- Directly accountable for the hiring and onboarding process in their departments; including identifying and organizing hiring needs and involvement in interviewing, selecting and checking references.
- In partnership with Sales Manager and/or General Manager, develops internal associate succession plan to support business growth.
- Establishes and implements a process for ongoing training and coaching in the department.
- Takes ownership to ensure Performance Development Reviews (PDR’s) are delivered in a timely manner and action plans are in place; follows up on development of associates.
- Accountable to prepare Performance Reviews in the department and delegates to Supervisor as deemed appropriate.
- Provides guidance and assistance to Supervisor’s when they are preparing Performance Reviews.
- Accountable for the performance management of direct reports including documentation.
- Accountable for scheduling within their departments (C, H, D, E Volume).
- Partners with Sales Manager and/or General Manager to analyze and actively work to control labour and expense costs in the department.
- Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
- Accountable to understand and communicate general company policies and provide guidance to staff as needed.
- Uses all sources of communication to relay information (department meetings, white boards, bulletin boards, portal, email etc) and ensures associates understanding.
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
- Manages and ensures execution of process excellence standards and initiatives.
- Delegates responsibilities and holds others accountable to ensure the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom and washrooms according to company standards is maintained.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment, follows all company protocols for safety and is required to take steps to rectify deficiencies.
- Maximizes department sales opportunities by implementing and reinforcing the inspired selling programs.
- Manages the day to day operations of their departments.
- Overall accountability for general administration of departments and provides ongoing support to direct reports.
- Accountable to execute company merchandise standards and replenishment processes (Volume C, D, E, H).
- Responsible for execute company merchandise standards and replenishment processes (Volume A).
- Participates in payroll administration and maintains employee files.
LOSS PREVENTION / PRIVACY
- Takes a lead role in managing loss prevention in the store and execution of prevention strategies.
- Follows proper store opening and closing procedures, including alarm checks and security walks.
- Manages all privacy policies and processes in the store to ensure compliance.
- Proactively models and ensures team’s understanding of and adherence to all privacy policies and procedures.
- Models and ensures team properly secures company assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures in order to reduce shrink.
- As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises. As a keyholder, this position is required to verify bag checks.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Ability to make decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to engage customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Capacity to communicate with all stakeholders effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to effectively handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers.
- Ability to coach for results.
- Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
- Takes opportunities for self development.
- Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required
- 3 Years of Retail management experience is required with direct accountability for achieving sales and service targets.
- Successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
- Exposure to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the copy equipment and the ringing of the telephone and internal paging system.
- Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends.
- Please note that candidates who wish to apply for the position will be requested to consent to having a criminal background check conducted on them.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Related Jobs (71)
- Cross Country Ski Attendant – CFMWS on December 1, 2020
- Special Education Teacher Assistants on December 1, 2020
- Front of House Team Member on December 1, 2020
- Support Staff on December 1, 2020
- housekeeping room attendant on December 1, 2020
- live-in caregiver – persons with disabilities on December 1, 2020
- Sales Representative on November 30, 2020