3025 Petawawa Blvd, Petawawa, ON
There is a career opportunity available at RONA PETAWAWA. Reporting to the Management team, the Sales Team Member ensures excellent service is provided to the customer, either over the telephone or in person, by effectively using selling skills, product, application and/or construction knowledge to secure and complete the sale to the customer’s satisfaction. Maintains area replacing stock, facing shelves and merchandising end caps. Ensures product information and pricing is accurate and current.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
• Assists customers with their information/product requirements in the store or over the telephone. Through effective questioning and listening techniques, identifies and qualifies customer requirements. Provides appropriate information on suggested products and alternatives explaining features and benefits and providing application advice as required. Suggests add-ons to complete the sale.
• Keeps current on flyer and promotional events. Provides information and locates promotional products for customers as required. Provides information on special services such as carpentry schools, deck schools, in-store demos, and help sheets.
• Prepares special orders, obtains the required information and specifications from customer, contacts Special Order Purchaser to establish and confirm price and available delivery date.
• Maintains assigned section. Ensures area is well stocked and merchandised with current product levels and information signage. Monitors inventory levels, performs inventory counts, and highlights inventory concerns. Makes recommendations to resolve stock outs and/or move excess stock through the system.
• Actively strives to increase product knowledge, understand application and/or renovation techniques, and improve selling skills by participating in information meetings, department meetings, reading product literature, and attending seminars.
• Experience in customer service is an asset.
• Position requires in-depth product and application knowledge in area of expertise and a general knowledge of store products.
• Position requires effective selling skills and a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
• Position requires good communication and interpersonal skills to be able to assess customer requirements and make recommendations.
• Position requires close attention to detail and focused concentration for moderate periods of time.
• Position requires the ability to perform work duties that involve stretching, bending, lifting and carrying medium to heavy products
If you are interested in the position, please submit an internal application form and a copy of your resume via email to the following:
Attention: Mark Bilton