The Registered Practical Nurse, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, establishes, monitors and delivers nursing care to clients in a home setting as per the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards. As required, s/he provides support and direction to Unlicensed/Unregistered employees involved in direct client care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Graduation from an accredited Licensed/Registered Practical Nursing Program; current registration with the provincial licensing body.
Previous experience in the acute care sector; demonstrated clinical competencies; positive interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written; critical thinking and analytical skills; decision making skills; ability to prioritize; clinical certificates considered an asset.
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift 23 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed; able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care; able to visually and auditorially observe and assess clients; ability to travel; evidence of current CPR certification.
Job Type: Casual
Related Jobs (11)
- Temporary Full Time Dietary Aide (Summer Relief) on April 16, 2021
- Community Health Worker(Paid Training) on April 16, 2021
- Relief Cook on April 13, 2021
- Dietary Aide on April 13, 2021
- Community Living Workers on April 13, 2021
- Registered Nurse on April 13, 2021
- Personal Support Workers on April 13, 2021
- Registered Practical Nurses on April 13, 2021
- MRT/MRI – Diagnostic Imaging (Perm Casual) on April 8, 2021
- Casual Relief Respite Worker on March 31, 2021