The Seasonal Fuels Delivery Driver, based in Pembroke is responsible for the safe, timely and efficient loading and delivery of fuel, propane and related products to customers in the Ottawa Valley.
This role is available full time, seasonal from November 2020 to March 2021 and may include occasional weekends in rotation. Further extensions may be possible, or a change to permanent status, subject to the demands of business.
- Ensure the safe loading of fuels and propane onto the delivery truck.
- Ensure the accurate and safe loading of products.
- Ensure the safe and accurate delivery of fuels and propane to customers.
- Ensure accurate recording of product delivery, maintenance of log books, delivery reports and fuel tickets.
- Assist in the delivery and set up customer skid tanks when required.
- Obey all legal and company regulations affecting the operation of motor vehicles.
- Ensure and maintain the cleanliness of the truck, cab and work location.
- Assist with the delivery of lubricants and other products and equipment, when required.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma required.
- DZ certification required.
- Minimum 3 years post certification driving required.
- Fuel haulage and/or delivery experience is highly desirable.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must posses a clean ‘abstract’.
- Ability to provide acceptable CVOR.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, including weekends.
- Ability and willingness to work in all-weather situations.
- Position required frequent climbing in and out of the cab, bending and lifting heavy loads.
- Local geographical knowledge is required.
- Mechanical inclination is desirable.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
It is important to us that when you consider a new opportunity, you understand a little about the company, its history and values. It is important to us that our values fit with yours, then everyone wins. Our Core Values are the cornerstone of who we are as a company, and what we value. We hope that our Core Values speak to you and what you value.
- Customers First – We exist, first and foremost to serve our customers. They must be at the heart of all the decisions we make.
- Long Term Focused – We value long term success over short term gains.
- Respect Each Other – Each person with whom we work, communicate and do business is valued and treated with dignity and respect.
- Do The Right Thing – We stand by our word and do what’s right.
- Own It – We are encouraged to be entrepreneurial and make decisions as if the business were our own.
- Ever Evolving – We embrace positive change and always seek to improve.
- Why work with us?
- Supportive teammates who are passionate about providing exceptional service.
- Quarterly safety bonuses and annual bonus.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Full uniform and boot allowance.
- 3 weeks vacation to start.
- Access to personal development and technical training programs.
- Learn and collaborate with the best in the industry.
- Top-end equipment that is continuously being updated.
Prior to any offer of employment being extended, a minimum of two business references will be required and candidates must complete pre-employment testing which comprises of a criminal record check and drug and alcohol test.
Please contact Human resources if you wish to receive this job posting in a different format.