Bubble Technology Industries is hiring!
SENIOR ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN/TECHNOLOGIST (Category: Permanent, Full‐Time; Location: Chalk River, Ontario)
BTI is a dynamic company with world‐renowned expertise in radiation detection, addressing applications in the defence, homeland security, space, industrial, and medical sectors.
BTI is seeking a Senior Electronics Technician/Technologist to support a full range of R&D, product development, and electronics manufacturing activities.
Candidates must meet the following profile:
- For security clearance requirements, candidate must be a Canadian, US, or UK citizen with a 10‐year verifiable history and will be required to provide a criminal record check as a condition of employment.
- 10+ years of experience in electronics/electrical design, fabrication, assembly, or trouble‐shooting, with a 3‐ year diploma from an Electronics Engineering Technology program. A 2‐year diploma from a recognized Electronics Technician program, with particularly relevant experience, will be considered.
- Proficient in prototyping, fabricating, and reworking electronics assemblies, circuit card assemblies, and cable assemblies.
- Excellent hands‐on electronics and mechanical skills for assembly and test of prototype systems, as well as for trouble‐shooting both systems and board‐level components.
- Able to read and understand functional block diagrams, electronics schematics, circuit card layouts, and wiring diagrams. Able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Familiarity with assembly and trouble‐shooting of analog electronics is an asset.
- Able to perform work in accordance with quality control procedures and produce associated quality documentation.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. – Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for working within a multi‐disciplinary team of scientific, engineering, manufacturing, and management personnel.
- Must be self‐motivated, organized, receptive to constructive feedback, and able to learn quickly on a continuous basis.
Interested candidates must electronically submit a cover letter, résumé, copy of relevant transcripts, and contact information for at least two professional references to:
Bubble Technology Industries Attn: Human Resources, Ref. #MFG‐02‐2017‐001 31278 Highway 17, P.O. Box 100 Chalk River, Ontario, Canada, K0J 1J0
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2017
Only those candidates granted an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.