Bubble Technology Industries is hiring!
BTI is a dynamic company with world‐renowned expertise in radiation detection, addressing applications in the defence, homeland security, space, industrial, and medical sectors. BTI is seeking a Senior Electronics Designer/Firmware Developer to support a full range of R&D, product development, and product support activities.
Candidates must meet the following profile:
- For security clearance requirements, candidate must be a Canadian, US, or UK citizen with a 10‐year verifiable history and will be required to provide a criminal record check as a condition of employment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Engineering Science/Physics from a Canadian university or recognized equivalent, with a strong academic record. – 10+ years of experience in board‐level analog/digital design and firmware development.
- Proficient in circuit design (using tools such as Altium), circuit simulation, and knowledge of PCB layout, with expertise in principles such as high‐speed design and EMI control.
- Advanced capabilities in board‐ and system‐level trouble‐shooting, with advanced user knowledge of common tools such as oscilloscopes,signal generators, logic analyzers etc.
- Experience in selecting and programming FPGAs/CPLDs (VHDL preferred) and microcontrollers (C, C++). Detailed knowledge of Xilinx productsis an asset.
- Able to generate clear and detailed technical documents, including system architecture designs, requirements and verification matrices, design specifications, test procedures, and technical reports/presentations. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Able to support the development/maintenance of project proposals and plans by providing inputs on technical tasks, schedule, and cost estimates.
- Familiar with configuration management tools and Design For Manufacturability best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interfacing with customers and working within a multi‐ disciplinary team of scientific, engineering, manufacturing, and management personnel.
- Must be creative, self‐motivated, organized, receptive to constructive feedback, and able to learn quickly on a continuous basis.
- Useful additional skills include: experience with portable, low power instrument design; experience with Ethernet, USB, and Bluetooth communication design; experience with Real‐Time Operating Systems; and experience with writing device drivers (Linux/Windows).
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally on an occasional basis.
Interested candidates must electronically submit a cover letter, résumé, copy of relevant transcripts, and contact information for at least two professional references to:
Bubble Technology Industries Attn: Human Resources, Ref. #ESD‐02‐2017‐001 31278 Highway 17, P.O. Box 100 Chalk River, Ontario, Canada, K0J 1J0
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2017
Only those candidates granted an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Visit us on the web at www.bubbletech.ca