Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Petawawa Employment Service
Our Service staff members are responsible for maintaining the Company’s rental fleet. Service staff ensure that equipment delivered to customers is reliable and consistently exceeds our customers’ expectations.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of small engines, mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems on a variety of rental, customer equipment and tools.
- Ability to diagnose complex mechanical problems and successfully repair the equipment
- Responsible for service documentation including maintaining record of completed repairs (annual certifications, etc.), proper completion of purchase orders for parts orders, organized equipment files, and other documentation as required.
- Assist branch staff (drivers, sales, etc.) with the safe operation and loading of equipment as required
- Advise customers about the operation of equipment when necessary
- Travel to sites to handle emergency service calls as well as regular service schedules on long-term rentals
- Maintain an organized parts area including having an adequate stock of high moving parts on hand to ensure timely repair of equipment
- File Manufacturer Warranty Claims as required
- Assisting with maintaining a clean environment at the branch
- Washing of equipment and ensuring wash bay is kept organized and clean
- Assist with maintaining an organized shop
- Performs preventative maintenance work, such as checking oil and fluid levels on all equipment.
- Maintains inventory records on repairs made, parts ordered, and parts inventory.
- Must have own mechanic tools
- High school level education
- Minimum 2 years work experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of small equipment, both gasoline type engines and hydraulic equipment, diesel equipment an asset.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment with accuracy and speed.
- Ability to create effective working relationships with employees.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain written equipment maintenance records.