The inspiration begins with you.
At Sport Chek, we love sharing our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle and encourage others to bring their best by being leaders in our surrounding communities. As part of our team, you’ll join a wide network of like-minded colleagues, customers, and teams, and provide the best solutions for our customers by drawing on your first-hand expertise and experiences.
As a Sales Associate, your primary responsibility is to set our customers up with everything they need and should know in order to maximize the enjoyment of the sports or activities they are pursuing.
So what makes a successful Sales Associate?
You are a sports and active lifestyle enthusiast. You have a broad knowledge of a variety of sports and you are able to apply that expertise to advise your customers. You are also someone who is friendly, energetic, and enjoy talking to people. Whether you’re problem solving or helping your customer find a good fit, you understand the importance of relationship building.
What you’ll do
- Deliver a consistently high level of customer service to all customers
- Maintain store visual presentation expectations and maintenance, as well as housekeeping standards
- Ensure 100% price scan accuracy (accurate pricing on all products)
- Complete all required training courses
- Adhere to all Loss Prevention Policy and Procedure profiles
What you’ll get
- Competitive wage
- Discounts on all the latest gear
- A fun, fast paced team environment
- Comprehensive training in a variety of formats
What you bring
- A passion for your activities and a drive to inspire others
- Ability to build trust
- Must possesses a very good understanding of all store systems including signage program, ticketing module, and POS system including all Back office programs
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Computer experience is an asset
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada’s largest active lifestyle retailer, with over 150 stores from coast to coast.
Ready to join our team and inspire others to live healthy active lives? Apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted. As of October 26, 2017, there are 6 positions available.
Sport Chek is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
“Within the confines of applicable Human Rights and Privacy Legislation, FGL Sports Ltd. require all successful applicants to provide a criminal record check.”
Related Jobs (6)
- Seasonal Order Fulfillment Associate – Laurentian Square on October 21, 2020
- Sales Associate (Hard Goods – General) – Laurentian Square on October 21, 2020 Part Time