The Pro Shop Associate interacts with customers while identifying their needs, assisting with finding products, explaining technical details of merchandise and making professional recommendations to assist customers in making informed buying decisions. This role also involves making suggestions for new products, and maintaining the store such as stocking shelves, merchandising and general housekeeping.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers entering the Pro Shop by smiling, greeting customers and selling products.
- Connects with customers by sharing knowledge and experience of fishing/hunting and team sports.
- Builds and maintains trust and relationships with customers and the community.
- Identifies and evaluates customers’ needs, guides customers to the location of requested items and explains technical details of merchandise.
- Answers fishing/hunting or team sports product related questions and provides professional advice related to product information, technical features and methods of operation by using their experience and knowledge.
- Suggests value-added and related products to customers to ensure they go home with what they need.
- Ends the discussion with the customer using a closing statement (e.g., “Is there anything else I can do for you today?” “Did you find everything you were looking for?”).
- Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Handles multiple customers in an effective, efficient and safe manner
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Remains a product “expert” through continuously learning about new products, stays current with new trends, emerging technologies and keeps up to date on in-store deals and promotions in order to provide accurate information to customers.
- Stocks shelves and merchandises display areas using planograms as guidelines to ensure the Pro Shop is organized and fully stocked.
- Understands micro seasons and assists in seasonal floor merchandise moves.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels (e.g., hole check and bin cap analysis).
- Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management and locates products in the warehouse.
- Operates computer and RF gun.
- Plays an active role in the Pro Shop by openly sharing opinions and ideas on how to improve Pro Shop success.
- Engages in learning activities, listens to feedback to improve their own abilities and knowledge and participates in all training as required.
- Complies with company, store and department policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations in the store and in the Pro Shop. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
Completes other tasks, as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong knowledge and expertise in fishing/hunting (e.g. product knowledge, technical features, method of operations).
- Strong knowledge of Team sports and the needs of players
- Must be 18 years of age to sell ammunition.
- Basic math and typing skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with computerized systems.
Medical Benefits available after 6 months
Automatically enrolled in Profit Sharing after 1 year
Job Type: Part-time
Related Jobs (91)
- Meat Cutter on October 18, 2021
- Human Resources Generalist on October 18, 2021
- Behaviour Consultant on October 18, 2021
- Administrative Assistant on October 18, 2021
- Family and Community Engagement Worker on October 18, 2021
- Indigenous Child and Youth Services Worker on October 18, 2021
- Veteran Care Coordinator on October 18, 2021
- General Manager on October 18, 2021
- Customer Experience Associate on October 18, 2021
- Medical Receptionist on October 18, 2021