Overview of Job Scope: Assist drivers, movers and packers with the loading/unloading and packing or unpacking of household goods during all phases of the move.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of household goods shipments, at residences and warehouse
- Competently performs assigned pack/unpack and load/unload duties with supervision
- Assist with loading/unloading of appliances and fine furniture
- Assist with packing/unpacking of breakable items
- Is compliant with Walker’s/Capital Group Policies & Procedures and Van Line policies.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Assist with truck/trailer upkeep including folding of moving blankets, breaking down of packing material, washing vehicle and equipment as required
- Good organizational skills
- Fast learner; able to take on new tasks and areas of responsibility in a short timeframe
- Customer service
- Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds
- Attention to detail
- Good team-player—enjoys working with others to accomplish goals
- Household goods moving/storage/packing experience ideal
- High School graduate, some college/university
- Physical fitness—able to work long hours at physically demanding tasks
- Bilingualism an asset
Please note – work out of the Deep River office will be primarily at Petawawa and Pembroke sites.
Working at Walker’s/Capital Group of Companies:
- Three-month probation period at start
- Background checks required upon offer of employment, additional security clearances as projects require
- Open door policy for communication with supervisors
- Positive Action Request system for change and improvement
- Paid Overtime, per position
- Vacation pay
- Uniform program—cost covered by employer
- Other Benefits as applicable
- Annual performance reviews
- Opportunities for career growth
- In-service training and mentoring, external training and certification opportunities
- Kudos program for employee recognition with monthly, quarterly and annual awards
- Community engagement – fundraising, events, service
- Employee Perks through our United Van Lines membership
- Summer Student Bonus
Walker’s/Capital Group of Companies Limited welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.