DFT Technician duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: 1. Assist and supervise the loading and unloading of target subsystems and ancillary equipment into the range; 2. Assist, supervise and instruct verbally on proper deployment of target subsystems, attachment of batteries, target boards, loading of different types of Hostile Fire Simulator (HOFS) and any other ancillary equipment being used on exercise. 3. Troubleshooting any problems that may occur during the installation of the equipment. 4. Operate the Target Control Device (TCD), create scenarios and conduct target exposures in accordance with direction from the Officer-In-Charge (OIC) of exercise. 5. Assist the OIC of the exercise with the programming of the exercise as required. 6. Gather hit data, compile results of unit performance and provide hard copy results to the unit commander, as required. 7. Assist in the issue and receipt of the equipment at the Target Maintenance Facility (TMF) to the military user unit. 8. Assist in the maintenance of batteries. 9. Advise the LM Canada Site Manager on the conditions of the ranges, berms and protective pits. 10. Advise the LM Canada Site Manager and user units, as required, of in appropriate practices using the equipment which would have a negative effect on the long term survival of the ITS subsystem. 11. Any other related duties as assigned by the LM Canada Site Supervisor. As per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for DFT ITS. Employee Type Casual Business Environment Lockheed Martin Canada, headquartered in Ottawa, is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 98,000 people worldwide, including nearly 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 75 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of major programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. Clearance required for role Secret
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Must be able to work shift work: DFT Support is provided outdoors in live fire training ranges, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs on a regular basis.
• Must be able to obtain a PWGSC CSID security clearance level of SECRET.
• Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License.
• Must be able to work in adverse conditions: Exposure to dirt, fumes, noise, adverse weather and extreme temperature are an element of normal day-to-day working conditions.
• Must be able to travel for extended periods of time (Ie: Up to 30 days at a time) in support of DFT deployments outside of 4 CDSB Petawawa, as required.
• Minimum of high school diploma.
• Experience working in a military Live Fire Range environment is an asset.
• Should be able to read a map using Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) grid system.
• Knowledge of 4 CDSB Petawawa ranges and range conduct is an asset.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Related Jobs (91)
- Meat Cutter on October 18, 2021
- Human Resources Generalist on October 18, 2021
- Behaviour Consultant on October 18, 2021
- Administrative Assistant on October 18, 2021
- Family and Community Engagement Worker on October 18, 2021
- Indigenous Child and Youth Services Worker on October 18, 2021
- Veteran Care Coordinator on October 18, 2021
- General Manager on October 18, 2021
- Customer Experience Associate on October 18, 2021
- Medical Receptionist on October 18, 2021