UNION AFFILIATION: COPE, Local 103
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of a Teacher, the Educational Assistant will:
1) Assist in developing and implementing an educational program in an integrated setting, emphasizing:
- behavior management;
- development of communication skills;
- socialization skills;
- self-help skills,
2) Participate in program planning in close co-operation with the home setting and school;
3) Participate in assessment and treatment planning;
4) Maintain accurate daily records;
5) Provide supervision as assigned; and
6) Other related duties.
- 2 or 3 year Community College Diploma in Educational Assistant, Autism and Behaviour Management or Developmental Services Worker or Youth Worker Program, Early Childhood Education, Social Services;
- 3-6 months previous related experience;
- Candidates must be physically able to perform the essential duties of the position.
- BMS Training
- Qualifications and experience with ABA
- Understanding of behaviour management strategies
- experience working with individuals with ADHD/ODD
- self-motivated, critical thinking, with proven team skills and exceptional inter personal and communication skills
CLOSING: All interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume including details of qualifications, experience and professional references.
Applications sent directly to the schools or to Human Resources will NOT be considered
It is imperative that all new applicants to the Board submit an ORIGINAL current, satisfactory Vulnerable Screening Criminal Background Check prior to commencement of employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Please note that interviews will be scheduled via personal email (external applicants) or Board email (internal applicants).
RCCDSB– Is committed to barrier-free selection processes and therefore if contacted for this position or testing, you should advise the HR Department in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.