L3 Technologies MAS has carried out for over 30 years the repair, maintenance, and modernization of the Canadian fighter jets, the CF-18s. Thanks to our technical expertise developed over time and our passionate employees, L3 Technologies MAS has developed innovative and personalized solutions for the in-service support contracts of the Canadian government’s aircraft fleets such as the CH-148 Cyclone and CH-147F Chinook helicopters, and the CC-150 Polaris (Airbus 310) aircraft, as well as conducted engineering, repair and maintenance tasks on the F/A-18 Hornet fleets of different international clients.
Our technical expertise also includes the repair and overhaul of aircraft components, first and third line aircraft maintenance, the design and manufacture of aircraft parts for major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), and state-of-the-art technical publication solutions.
Choosing L3 Technologies MAS, it’s being part of multidisciplinary work teams, it’s joining one of the major in-service support providers for the Royal Canadian Air Force, and it’s being part of an organization whose values – integrity, passion, respect, and balance – are at the heart of our daily actions. Join us in “Taking It Further”.
As Tool Crib Attendant, you play an important role in the In-Service Support (ISS) of the Canadian CH-147F Chinook Medium Heavy Lift Helicopter (MHLH) Program. Your mandate includes providing Tool Control and maintaining aircraft Support and Test Equipment (STE) in a serviceable state ready for use by DND (Department of National Defence) technicians.
This alternating shift work position involves daily Issue & Return of tools and STE with DND Technicians using CribMaster software to record transactions, perform tool kit inspections, tool etching, perform routine Tool Crib maintenance, provide support for deployment, as well as carrying out assigned tasks while strictly following the Tool Control procedures and L-3 Technologies MAS approved processes.
The Tool Crib Employee’s duties include:
Primary functions: (50%)
- Record the issue and return transactions for tools or STE to DND Technicians using CribMaster software;
- Inspect and maintain tool kits, tool boards and servicing boards as required;
- Performing cycle counts, and reporting tools and equipment balance discrepancies to Site Supervisor for resolution;
- Operate a laser engraver using Corel Draw and Job Control software;
- Clean and organize Tool Crib as directed, including sweeping, dusting, house-keeping;
- Follow all site Safety and Security Procedures;
- Perform all assignments and tasks in a safe manner;
- Report any unsafe or potentially unsafe working conditions to Site Supervisor immediately;
- Ensure compliance with established internal procedures;
- Provide professional customer service to internal and external customers;
- Address other concerns that may be raised by DND Maintenance Technicians;
- Carry out on-call weekly (7 days) Duty Tech responsibilities when assigned (every 6-8 weeks).
Secondary functions: (15%)
- Provide CribMaster and Tool Control training to DND Technicians;
- Contribute to the creation of new, and revision of existing processes and procedures as part of the L3 Technologies MAS Continuous Improvement Program.
Other functions: (35%)
- Support group projects as assigned by Site Supervisor;
- Perform mechanical visual inspection on STE.
- Post-secondary education in the aviation or other relevant field would be preferred;
- Two (2) to five (5) years of relevant experience required like: Tool Control environment, Store Person, Warehousing, Mechanics Shop, etc.;
- Able to do visual inspection of mechanics tooling and calibrated equipment;
- Good knowledge of Excel: intermediate level required (with proof of training if possible);
- Good verbal & writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, managers, and technical staff;
- Detail-oriented and multi-tasker (essential);
- Reliable and hard-working team player who gets the job done;
- Customer oriented;
- Organized and result-oriented, project-focussed;
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision;
- Ability to take initiative, to present ideas to improve procedures, improve ways of doing things;
- Strong ability to quickly learn and demonstrate proficiency in the use of a new software like: CribMaster, SAP, Corel Draw, Adobe (essential);
- Available to work overtime occasionally to perform additional work request (AWR);
- Valid driver’s license required;
- Must be available to work day and evening shifts alternatively:
- One week day shift from 6:30 am to 3 pm
- One week evening shift from 2:30 pm to 11 pm
- Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
- Location not accessible via public transportation. A car is needed.
At L3 MAS, we care about the principles of employment equity and we encourage Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities that qualify to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.