POSTING DATE: FEBRUARY 20, 2018
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 8, 2018
Department of Development & Property
“Sustainable forestry for today and tomorrow.”
April — December 2018
Reporting to the Manager of Forestry and GIS, the Trails Coordinator provides support in the County’s ongoing acquisition, upgrades, and maintenance process for the Algonquin Trail , K&P Trail, and CN corridors. This includes assisting in the creation and implementation of the Algonquin Trail and other rail corridor management plans, as well as responding to public inquiries and providing technical advice to the Algonquin Trail Advisory Committee and the K&P Management Advisory Committee. Additionally, this role includes working with the Economic Development division staﬀ with the promotion and development of trails, while creating partnerships for trails development.
- Post‐secondary education or experience in working in one or more areas of planning, public works, recreation, environmental studies, tourism or trail development.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills, facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills, including experience with public speaking.
- Demonstrated ability to operate public works machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in trail management would be an asset.
- Ability to work independently.
- Well‐developed planning, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be innovative in promoting collaboration across organizations.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Eﬀective knowledge of Microsoft Oﬃce and GIS programs.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
Compensation: $24.00 – $27.39 per hour. No beneﬁts.
Please send your resume, stating applicable Competition #18-24 by 4:00 p.m., March 8, 2018 to:
Human Resources, County of Renfrew
9 International Drive,
Pembroke, ON K8A 6W5
(in MS Word or pdf format)
Thank you for your interest, however, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the selection process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Related Jobs (44)
- Registered Massage Therapist on January 25, 2021
- Student Labourers on January 25, 2021
- Overnight Cleaner on January 25, 2021
- Finance and Payroll Lead – Pembroke on January 25, 2021
- Overnight Freight Team Full Time (PEMBROKE) on January 25, 2021
- Delivery Driver/Courier Driver on January 25, 2021
- food service supervisor on January 25, 2021
- Information Analyst on January 22, 2021
- Sales Associate on January 22, 2021