Truck /Equipment Operator
CLOSING DATE: JANUARY 11, 2018
Department of Public Works & Engineering
“Maintaining and enhancing our public works infrastructure in a safe and responsible manner.”
TRUCK / EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Casual Position – Cobden Patrol Competition #18-02
Reporting to the Patrol Supervisor, the Truck/Equipment Operator provides a variety of construction, maintenance, repair and emergency response services related to County infrastructure with a focus on public safety and convenience.
- Equivalent to high school with job related courses in the operation, maintenance and construction of roads.
- One year experience in the maintenance of municipal public works infrastructure and operation of equipment, including trucks, backhoe and loader and other miscellaneous equipment.
- D-Z licence mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated excellent safety record, ability to meet physical demands of the position.
- Ability to be on call 24 hours per day combined with a flexibility in hours of work.
- Successful candidate will require a current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check and an acceptable Drivers Abstract.
Compensation: $23.53 – $24.30 per hour. No benefits.
Please send your resume, stating applicable Competition #18-02 by 4:00 p.m., Thursday, January 11, 2018 to:
Human Resources, County of Renfrew
9 International Drive,
Pembroke, ON K8A 6W5
(in MS Word or pdf format)