Various Heating Plant Shift Engineer Positions
Selection process number: 17-DND-EA-BORDN-419529
You will be required to show how you demonstrate the essential qualifications (i.e. Education and Experience) for the initial screening through your resume and in answering online screening questions. It is NOT sufficient to only state that the qualifications are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Rather you must clearly demonstrate HOW, WHEN, and WHERE the qualification was met through substantiation by examples. Information on your described skills, experience, etc. provided in screening questions should be supported by your resume. Failure to provide the above information in the format required may result in your application being rejected from the process.
PLEASE NOTE: For this selection process, our intention is to communicate with applicants by e-mail for screening/assessment purposes (including issuing screening results, sending invitations for written tests and interviews). Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid e-mail address and make sure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users. It is the candidate’s responsibility to provide updated contact information as required.
Our organization will only accept on-line applications for this advertisement. All job applications must therefore be submitted through www.canada.ca/government-jobs. For this advertisement, applicants will be required to provide information which is only accessible when applying on-line (namely the pre-screening questionnaire).
To submit an application on-line, please select the button “Apply Online” below. Persons with disabilities preventing them from applying on-line are asked to contact 1-800-645-5605.
You must possess the identified Occupational Certification(s) at the time of application.
Please carefully read the “Other Information” section of this advertisement as there is important information regarding your application and how the screening of candidates will take place.
Intent of the process
There is an immediate need to staff one (1) indeterminate position in Borden, Ontario. A pool of qualified candidates may be established and may be used to staff similar positions with varying tenures for the locations identified of the advertisement.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
Contact information for 2 references.
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Based on the position being staffed:
OC1-Possession of a valid Ontario Operating Engineer Third Class Certificate.
OC2-Possession of a valid Ontario Operating Engineer Fourth Class Certificate.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Ability to communicate orally.
Ability to communicate in writing.
Effective interpersonal relationships
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Possession of a valid certificate or completion of acceptable WHMIS Training.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Departmental driver’s license (DND 404).
May be required to work overtime.
May be required to work weekends and/or holidays.
May be required to work in confined spaces.
May be required to work at heights.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
Possession of a valid Class “G” driver’s license for the Province of Ontario or approved equivalent.
Must be able to wear and/or utilize PPE in compliance with safety regulations.
Willing and able to work shiftwork.
1. Interviews may be conducted.
2. A written exam may be administered.
3. Reference checks may be conducted.
4. Applicants are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice and are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
5. Candidate may have to travel to a specific location for the assessment/interview at their own cost.
6. Accommodations: in order to ensure that you are assessed in a fair and equitable manner in the next stages, please advise us if you require accommodation measures.
7. A random and/or top down selection of candidates may be used in the determination of those to be given further consideration in the assessment process
8. Acknowledgment of receipt of applications will not be sent; only candidates who will be considered further in this process may be contacted.
9. Candidates must meet all of the essential qualifications noted in the Statement of Merit Criteria to be appointed to a position. A candidate may be appointed to a position even though he/she does not meet any or all of the asset qualifications or operational requirements. However, meeting these criteria is desirable and may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
The Public Service of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the Public Service Commission or the departmental official in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Related Jobs (83)
- Tool Crib Attendant (Petawawa) on November 26, 2020
- Sales Associate on November 26, 2020
- Client Service Coordinator on November 26, 2020
- Seasonal Fuels Delivery Driver – Pembroke on November 26, 2020
- Casual Educational Assistants on November 26, 2020
- Registered Master Social Worker, and Psychotherapist on November 26, 2020 Full Time
- Meat Cutter – CFMWS on November 25, 2020