Warehouse Operations Technician
We are presently seeking a full time Warehouse Operations Technician for our Petawawa, Ontario location. This position is responsible for the handling and processing of goods received and shipped by the company and the maintenance of all related records.
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow-up on outstanding items
- Required to accept deliveries of goods into the company and verify deliveries with attached shipping manifests, bills of lading or purchase orders
- Wrap, package or crate goods for shipment and ensure completion and attachment of addressee information, packing slip(s), shipping manifests and or bill of lading. Records shipping activities and arranges for appropriate carrier or courier pick-up
- Adhere to all guidelines relative to company policies and customers’ requirements, applicable national and international government regulations such as transportation, transportation of dangerous goods, import/export, customs and environment health and safety
- Support the development, implementation, and adoption of streamlined processes in support of existing document control and quality management procedures
- Ensure documentation is distributed to applicable personnel and all entries are recorded in a timely manner
- Maintain put away and pick accuracy targets as determined by the program
- Generate inventory transactions and maintain inventory control procedures including receiving, material issues and cycle counts
- When applicable, work with the program office to coordinate the creation and release of work orders to the production floor
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of high school graduation diploma or equivalent education and work experience
- 4 years of warehousing experience preferably in an automated environment
- Must have inventory management experience
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
- Possession of valid driver’s license
- Forklift license would be an asset
- Intermediate knowledge and use of a PC based computer system with experience on software applications such as WORD, EXCEL, Outlook, and database programs
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete a high volume of tasks with a high level of organization and accuracy
- Understanding of the Canadian Forces Supply System and Canadian Government Cataloguing System is a preferred asset
- Ability to be on-call on a rotating basis, work alternating shifts and possible overtime in order to meet customer requirements
- Understanding of customs and freight issues is preferred
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviewed candidate will be required to successfully complete a Criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a secret level through the Canadian Government.
Please forward your cover letter and resume stating file number I2018-001
Raytheon Canada Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants.
We thank all candidates for applying. We will only contact candidates selected for further consideration. If you are invited to continue in the selection process and require any form of accommodation, please notify us. Accommodations are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time