Employment Service has a team of professionals who understand the unique challenges of military life.
If you are a military spouse we can:
- tell you about the local labour market
- help you to tailor your resume and cover letter to make it attractive to local markets
- offer information about programs, services and training that are available to you
If you are a past or present military member, we can help you with your transition to a civilian career. You can drop-in or make an appointment with one of our career counsellors, or register for one of our monthly Military Transition Workshops to find out more about:
- writing a resume that effectively conveys your military experience and value to potential employers
- developing effective job search skills
- refining interview techniques
To find out about any of these programs and services, call our offices at (613) 687-1717 (Petawawa) or (613) 584-1717 (Deep River). We're glad to help.
Are you a military spouse looking for employment? Thanks to a generous donation from Canada Company, the METSpouse Program is now available in Petawawa.
METSpouse helps to empower remarkable military spouses by providing access to career and employment opportunities.
The METSpouse Program includes a group of employer partners, service providers and mentors to help translate the unique skill set and experiences of Military Spouses, while providing the Canadian workplace with an exceptional and untapped employee resource.
For more information, you can call the Employment Service office in Petawawa at (613) 687-1717.