IT Network Administrator
Full Job Description
At the 401 Group of Companies, we want to focus on not who you are, but who you CAN be! We strive to hire exceptional employees who see themselves as trailblazers, trendsetters, creators, do-ers, catalysts, go-getters, and influential leaders in all aspects of who they aspire to be daily.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support translating information technology roadmaps into infrastructure technologies and services covering cloud computing, IaaS, PaaS, data centre operations, servers, storage, messaging, file and print technology, telecommunication, networking, voice, video, disaster recovery and other components as required
- Develop and maintain current and future state of IT infrastructure and operational models while reviewing and analyzing the ability of the current IT state to meet and exceed departmental goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain cloud and infrastructure development standards and procedures
- Maintain and administer on-premise and cloud environments including but not limited to availability, performance, service level, usage/billing reconciliation, infrastructure service automation, virtualization, disaster recovery, available infrastructure platform, physical and virtual data centres
- Install, configure, migrate, maintain, test and troubleshoot enterprise-grade networks, server systems and cloud environments
- Design and implement IT policies and procedures
- Complete onboarding, offboarding and user change processes for all employee user access, email and phone extensions
- Interface and communicate proactively with users, management and other business stakeholders
- Provide firsthand end user support for hardware and software problems with timely troubleshooting for any issues
- Provide end user training where required
- Support users with their use of corporate applications.
- Perform daily system monitoring, including verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Review system and application logs, and verify the completion of scheduled jobs
- Perform server backup and recovery operations as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Systems or Information Technology
- 3 years+ hands on experience and advanced knowledge of networking, subnetting, IP Addressing, Switches, VPN, VLANS, Firewalls, and site-to-site tunneling
- Experience with building and managing Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Experience with SD-WAN or similar networking framework.
- Experience with Fortinet / Cisco or similar network management platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to handle high pressure situations, tight and competing deadlines
- On call availability for off hours support
- Willingness to travel to various locations as required
- Lifting (11-60 lbs), moving and setting up of computers and monitors
- Some bending and reaching is required for this position
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Ideal candidates can take direction well; with the ability to work independently without supervision
So why work for us?
- The 401 Group of Companies is privately owned and 100% Canadian
- 20+ State-of-the-art facilities including a “google like” call centre and an 80,000 sq ft. centralized service “Hub”
- A high energy, fast paced and fun work environment with various initiatives and rewards
- Individual and team-oriented coaching, mentoring, and training
- Opportunities for career path planning, growth, and advancement from within
- Health & wellness benefit enrolment opportunities
- Employee referral bonus opportunities
- Employee pricing on parts, service and at the Blackshop Restaurant and Wine Bar
- A corporate swag e-site for employees exclusively
- Perkopolis enrolment
- On-site Parking
The 401 Group of Companies, is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s fastest growing Elite Business Management Groups offering a full line of automotive, recreational vehicle, powersport and marine products and services. Our headquarters is located in the thriving city of Cambridge, Ontario. Our brands include but aren’t limited to Kia, Mitsubishi, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Subaru, Honda, Nissan, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Yamaha, 401 Auto Financing, CampMart and Grand River Boats.
If you have a growth mindset like us, we’d love to see your resume and have a conversation. Opportunities at the 401 Group of Companies are endless!
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code. The 401 Group of Companies Recruiting Team is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to provide an inclusive, barrier free workplace. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. Should you require this accommodation, please contact HR, 226-535-9077 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to confirm the receipt of individual applications or resumes.