Department: 459 Business Management
Number of Positions: 1
Duration: 4 Months
Discipline: Business Office Administration
Year of study: Completed 1st year or higher
Location: Chalk River, ON
All students applying for student positions at CNL must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of their work term. Exceptions will be made for students who require a work term in order to graduate.
Students must submit a resume, cover letter and copy of an up-to-date transcript by the posting close date of 20 August 2023 to ensure consideration for student employment in the first round of interviews.
The employment period generally runs from the beginning of January to the end of April
The Administrative Assistant will provide overload assistance to department offices in Business Management and the CFO by conducting and coordinating administrative-related duties and responsibilities.
The student will assist with different department offices in Business Management and with the CFO office to provide administrative-related duties and responsibilities to the daily operations. The offices interface with all of the Missions within CNL
- Organizing, scanning, assembling, editing and formatting work control documentation, and other documents, to make them consistent and accurate
- Providing assistance to the staff within the assigned department with composing, formatting and issuing of correspondence
- Providing administrative assistance to management
- Maintaining hard and electronic copy filing systems and ensures efficient document storage
- Acting as a liaison between the Business Management departments and the VP, Business Management, the Deputy VP, Business Management and the CFO. Both in requesting and distributing information, assisting in the preparation of material (correspondence, presentations, reports)
- Preparing/issuing/retrieving records and documents.
- Providing support, as required, to other managerial staff within Business Management and the CFO office
- Coordinating meetings and calendars
- Responding to and distributing incoming communications
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills for providing information services and customer enquires
- Computer and software proficiency (MS Office and SharePoint)
- Capable of working independently as well as in a team environment
- Good internet connectivity for remote access
To be eligible for CNL Co Op student employment, you must be:
- Enrolled to return to a post-secondary institution (college or university) in the following semester
- Available to work from January until April 2024
- Legally eligible to work in Canada in accordance with Canadian Immigration laws
- Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a security clearance and reliability check
Security clearance eligibility required: Reliability Status with Site Access Security Clearance (SASC), which has a minimum requirement of 3 years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United States and/or the United Kingdom.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, 2 reference letters and a copy of an up to date transcript by the posting close date of 20 August 2023 to ensure consideration for Winter Co-Op employment at Canadian Nuclear Laboratories, Chalk River, Ontario.
CNL has an Employment Equity Program and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.